Independently owned and recently under new ownership the Richmond Arms is serving memorable and hearty dishes accompanied by a wide selection of drinks.
This beautiful pub has been nestled in the Georgian terrace since 1790-1794. Located just over a mile from the centre of Bath it makes a perfection destination to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Its south-facing beer garden bathes in the sunshine until late and creates a wonderful spot to enjoy a nice summer's day. And when days turn colder there are plenty of blankets to keep you warm.
"Offering a warm community vibe and flavorsome food that artfully walks the tightrope between proper pub grub and cheffy dynamics. The Sunday Roasts in particular make the onfoot haul up the hill more than worthwhile"
All our food is homemade with fresh and local ingredients - we love to create authentic homemade food with takes on British and European Classics. Our menu changes daily and we like to keep it simple and eclectic based on seasonal ingredients.
We have a wide range of Real Ales, Wines, Ciders & Spirits. With regular guest ales and wines hand selected from South America, New Zealand and Europe.
Please note our menu changes on a daily basis depending on Fresh and Seasonal ingredients but please take this as an indication of the style of food that we serve.
Ham hock & Pea Soup served with fresh Thyme and Dumplings
Potato Skins stuffed with ham & cheese, served with a sour cream dip
St Mellion Beef with Leek pomme puree and savoy cabbage
Corned beef hash, topped with a poached egg
Forest Mushroom Risotto with spinach
Cornish Hake Fillet served on spinach couscous and topped with razor clams
Vanilla Bavaroise with Caramelised Pineapple and Toasted Coconut
Apple, Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
The Richmond Arms is a Grade II listed building, situated within the Bath Conservation Area and the City of Bath World Heritage Site.
No. 7 Richmond Place was constructed between 1790 and 1794 and was the only property of the first phase of building to be of 3 storeys rather than two, though the slightly later 8&9 are also of three storeys. Trade directories indicate that the property became a commercial premises first for ‘provisions dealers’ and grocers in the 1860s, and in 1872 for a ‘beer seller’, but it was not until 1876-7 that the name ‘Richmond Arms’ first appeared, with John Bruton listed under ‘Innkeepers’. The Post Office Directories suggest that the dwelling house at the front also took lodgers.
The property has continued in use as a public house since that time, and has been subject to both internal and external alteration and remodelling. A two-storey extension was added to the rear of the main house in the 19th century, requiring the creation of connecting doorways. A more significant phase of change occurred between 1932 and 1953 when much of the rear part of the property was remodelled to provide food storage areas and customer toilets, and a large kitchen and beer cellar added to the rear.